LocationforecastLTS - Weather forecast for a specified place, long term support.
This product has been deprecated, use locationforecast/1.9 instead.
This product delivers similar data as locationforecast, but for this product we will support a deprecated version for at least 3 months. Locationforecast will probably be updated more frequently and might have shorter life span for deprecated versions.
This modules implements a full forecast for one location, that is, a forecast with several parameters for a nine-day period.
Please note that available parameters will wary depending on location and forecast time.
Locations inside Norway will have probability elements for temperature, wind, symbol and precipitation. The precipitation element have additional attributes for max and minimum values.
A probability element specifies certainty of prognoses for a given parameter for a given time. This certainty is defined by a probabilitycode in the following manner:
probabilitycode: certainty values 0: [90% , 100%] 1: [50% , 90%> 2: [ 0% , 50%>
The list of numbers and ids for the current symbol elements can be found at https://aa0206x0905nfqpv5.api.met.no/weatherapi/weathericon/1.1/documentation.
- msl parameter: the msl parameter are used to adjust the temperature according to adiabatic changes. For locations inside Norway we use our own corrections schemes for the first 48 hours and the parameter will have no effect. It will however affect the temperature for the last 7 days of the forecast. The altitude reported in the XML is the same as the parameter.
- lat (latitude), in decimal degrees, mandatory
- lon (longtitude), in decimal degrees, mandatory
- msl (whole meters above sea level (integers)), optional
Sample request URLs:
Operational status for each model can be checked like this:
The model parameter is required, possible values are:
aromeecepsforecastlts, aromeecdetforecastlts, proffecepsforecastlts, proffecdetforecastlts
The schema for the xml delivered by this product is available from
Late September 2019 we will be changing backend for locationforecast, which is much faster and has better predictions. LocationforecastLTS will continue to run against the old backend for some time, but will be slower and lack the improved forecast.
LocationforecastLTS is now officially deprecated. At some point in 2020 when locationforecast/2.0 is ready, we will retire locationforecastLTS after users have been given enough time to port to either locationforecast/2.0 (JSON) or 1.9 (XML).
- - New version 1.3. The old version, 1.2, will expire at 2017-05-09.
- - With this new version we have expired an old forecast model. As a conequence of this, areas in northern europe that previously had 1 hourly resolution short term forecast will temporarily get 3 hour resolution instead.
- - New version 1.1. Old version, 1.0, will expire at 2011-09-09
- - Symbol numbers 20 - 23( see list above ) are new and will start to appear in the near future.
- - Attribute licenseurl in element <meta> has been removed. Note that the license still applies, its just no longer refered to in the xml.
- - Attribute probability for element precipitation has been removed. Some minor adjustments to the xml, such as different ordering of some elements.